Many of you have asked for test results from my white paper landing page strategy.
The strategy: Simply stated, the strategy involves taking the first few pages of your white paper and formatting it like an article that extends below the bottom of the screen. Once the reader has scrolled down and been hooked by your content, you require registration to access the rest of the paper.
Here is the page that was tested.
- Visitors: This page had 5000 visitors in 52 days
- Conversions: 849 people (17%) completed the form at the bottom of the page
- Newsletter registrants: 535 people (63% of those converting) opted into our newsletter
- Other actions: Another 939 people (19%) that did not complete the form, took another favorable action (like clicking on the book available for sale)
- Stickiness: 1215 people (24%) stayed on the page for one or more minutes
This study shows that by providing valuable content, you can achieve a very favorable lead generation strategy.
Your thoughts?Receive email updates when new articles are posted.